Compare Laredo Electricity Rates
Rates include all Transmission, Distribution Fees and Taxes
Switch your Laredo electricity company in 5 Steps
- Check your contract end date. Your electricity company is required to notify you 30 days before your contract ends.
- You can switch without incurring an early termination charge if the switch is no earlier than 14 days before the contract expiration date.
- If you found a great rate and want to lock it in, you can schedule a forward switch up to 90 days in advance (depending on the provider).
- Watch out for ETFs (Early Termination Fees) of up to $150. Sometimes fees are prorated (i.e. $20/month) so if you have 3 months left - they'll charge you $60 to cancel early.
- It may be worth it to pay an ETF. If a new rate is dramatically lower. Let's say you're on an 18 cent rate and you've found a great 12 cent rate. At 2000kWh per month at 17 cents is $340 and 2000kWh at 11 cents is $220. You could save $120 in the first month - so the $60 ETF may be worth taking a hit on.
Electricty plans in Laredo
There are several types of Laredo electricity plans. A few of the most common plan types you may encounter are:
- Fixed-rate plans: you pay a fixed rate for every kWh of power you use, meaning you pay the same price for the entirety of your electricity contract. Most contracts range from one to three years. However, if you cancel your plan before your contract ends, you may have to pay an early termination fee (ETF). The advantage of fixed-rate plans is stability and protection from spikes in the energy market.
- Variable-rate plans: Variable-rate plans are great for those seeking flexibility and who want to avoid a long term contract. Variable rates are based on wholesale electric prices. This can lead to extreme variability in prices - and one of the main reasons WE DO NOT RECOMMEND variable rate plans.
- No-deposit electricity plans: Every light company requires a credit check and - if your credit score is not adequate - a deposit before servicing a home or business. For those who cannot afford a deposit or have bad credit - No deposit electricity plans offer a quick, easy way to get your electricity turned on. They generally require a $25 to $75 deposit to get started and then
- Time-of-use plans: Time-of-use (TOU) plans have a fluctuating rate that depends on the times they use electricity. These plans are great for overnight EV charging, or customers who are meticulous about moving their heavy energy usage (washing and drying clothes, running pool pumps, etc) to evenings and overnight off-peak hours (11PM-5AM). But, Time of Use plans have risk. If your usage patterns change - you could have a large bill if you use energy during the hot part of the day, between 12PM-8PM, your rate may increase if you use the majority of your energy during the day and on weekdays.
- Renewable energy plans: Texas' leadership in renewable energy generation means that 20% + of the fuel mix in every Texas electricity plan is made up of green energy depending on the provider and plan. Some Texas electricity companies exclusively offer plans powered completely by green energy, such as Green Mountain Energy, Energy Texas, and Gexa Energy.
- Solar Buy Back Plans: Solar buyback plans give homeowners a way to make money on the excess power being generated from their solar panels. In other words, you can be compensated with bill credits for the excess solar power generated from your solar system. A number of Texas electricity companies support these plans, including: Chariot Energy, Rhythm Energy and Energy Texas
How to Can I Report a Power Outage in Laredo?
Major Areas Served: Corpus Christi, Victoria, McAllen, Del Rio.
Report an AEP Central Outage:
- Call: 866-223-8508
- AEP Central Outage Map
- Get AEP Central Outage Alerts Sent to Your Phone:
- AEP Central iPhone App:
- AEP Central Android App:
Moving to Laredo?
Laredo is a deregulated electricity market. Which means you can compare, shop and secure some of the lowest electricity prices in the US. If you're moving to Laredo you can use Power Choice Texas to compare and order an affordable rate. Simply search your ZIP code to get started.
Unlike other states, electricity companies compete for your business in Texas. You have the power to choose the best electricity plan. Power is delivered by your local utility company: Oncor Energy, in Dallas-Fort Worth and north Texas Centerpoint Energy in Houston, AEP North in West Texas, AEP Central in Corpus Christi and South Texas or TNMP. They read your meter, maintain the poles and get your power back on in a storm or blackout.
Getting your power turned on in Laredo is easy. If your home has a smart meter, providers can get your lights turned on in 4-6 hours with "Same Day Turn-on". Just enter your zip code to get started.
Compare Laredo Business Electricity Rates
Texas businesses have the power to choose, which allows Laredo businesses of any size to compare commercial electricity rates and get the best business electricity rate. Shopping for your electricity is the easiest way to reduce costs for your business.
We've made it simple. Visit our commercial electricity marketplace, enter your zip, and sign up online. We feature every major Commercial Electricity provider in Texas.
Business electricity prices are based on volume, and the more you use the more leverage you have to negotiate a deal - generally over 10,000 kWh of usage per month.
How do I set up Business Electricity Service in Laredo
- The company legal entity name will be required or your name if you are a sole proprietor
- The company FEIN (Federal Employee Tax ID) will be required
- The energy retailer will run a credit report on you or your business which will require one of the following:
- DUNS number (if available) Get a DUNS number - It's free and it allows your business to build credit
- Federal Employee ID Number (FEIN)
- Owners social security number
- If No ID is available or if credit is not adequate, the retailer will charge a deposit
- You may be required to agree to an E-LOA (Electronic Letter of Authorization) allowing the retailer to pull the historical usage for the address you are moving into
- This allows the retailer to view your business' historical usage.
- If you are a new business in a new space. Estimated usage based on your business type will be used.
Green Energy Plans in Laredo
An easy way to support green energy in Laredo and take a proactive approach towards the environment is to select a green energy plan. Texas has the highest green energy generation in the country at roughly 20% of daily load generated by wind, solar and other renewable energy sources. Some electricity retailers exclusively sell green energy products. These include standard 100% green energy, EV Charging Plans and Solar Buyback Plans that pay you for excess generation from your solar panels.
Laredo energy FAQs
Who is the cheapest electricity provider in Laredo?
At the time of writing, the cheapest electricity companies in Laredo are from Frontier Utilities, Gexa Energy, and 4Change Energy Rates change often so it's always a good idea to lock in a rate when you find one that makes sennse for your needs.
Who provides electricity to Laredo?
Your local utility company: Oncor, Cenetrpoint Energy, AEP North, AEP Central and TNMP, distribute power to your home and maintains the poles, wires and infrastructure to power your home. You local utility company reads your meter and restores power when the lights go out due to storms and power disruptions.
How much does electricity cost in Laredo, TX?
- Laredo's average electricity rate is: 14.82¢ per kWh
- The average bill for a Laredo customer is: $125
- The average household electricity usage in Laredo is: 845 kWh
Data based EIA and Power Choice Texas marketplace data.
Who is the Best Electricity company in Laredo?
There are a number of factors that impact how good a electricity company we use data from Texas Electricity Ratings, which rates and ranks Texas electricity companies on dozens of factors include price, rate stability, Better Business Bureau data, PUC complaints, customer service, trustworthiness, the company's years in business, thousands of customer reviews, and more.
How do I set up electricity in Laredo?
If you're moving to Laredo, signup for electricity in Laredo is quick and easy. Enter your ZIP code, compare electric rates in Laredo, and choose the electricity plan that best fits your household needs.
Are Laredo electricity rates going up?
This summer's intense heat in Laredo and through the state caused rates to increase due to high energy demand. We've seen prices come off their Summer highs of 14 to 16 cents per kWH and retun to a new level of 10 to 14 cents per kWh. We do not see long term rates returning to prior levels.
Power to choose Laredo
Laredo customers have the power to choose at the Power Choice Texas marketplace, instead of your local utility company. Compare, shop, and switch to the best electricity rate in minutes. Take advantage of Texas’ deregulated electricity market and sign up for cheap electricity rates.
How Texas Electricity Deregulation Impacts You
Texas electricity deregulation allows residential and business electricity customers in Laredo to compare, shop and sign up for electricity service. Instead of buying electricity from local monopoly utilities, Texas electricity companies compete for customers' business. Local utility companies still operate the poles and wires and are paid set fees, so service is the same for all customers regardless of their electricity supplier.